Business applications for the connection between employees, customers and suppliers, as well as VoIP services, and data transfer at maximum speed, generate more traffic and pose new challenges in terms of security: How to protect data against online threats and unauthorized uses? The perimeter security systems consist of the protection of the entire computer system of a company from outside. In this way, they establish a shell that protects the elements against threats such as viruses, Trojans, DoS attacks, etc. The perimeter security devices par excellence are the.
UTM ( Unified Threat Management ) and the STM ( Secure Threat Management ).
The basic function of these systems is to stop the threats that originate on the Internet through the technique of scanning in the stream, a technology that allows scanning the possible threats in real time, without the need to save the data in the hard disk. These solutions are prepared to analyze the application traffic and carry out tasks of IPS ( Intrusion Prevention System ), virus analysis at the HTTP level, anti-spyware, anti-spam, bandwidth management, etc.
- UTM 150
The NETGEAR STM series combines the best technical features of the market and, like the UTM line, includes stream-based scanning technology. The STM ProSecur e series has three different models, which allows serving companies of up to 600 users simultaneously.
The entire range has the same security features to support SMEs of different sizes.
Meet the STM Pro secure series
Pro Secure is a specific security brand of NETGEAR for SMEs. Pro Secure offers SMEs robust security at the corporate level thanks to its policy of agreements with the main market development companies.
Read More: Linksys Router Setup Guide
Key points of the Pro Secure STM
- Web and email scanning system in a single device
- The STM uses an engine with more than 1.6 million records, far superior to competitors’ engines that use open source technology
- NETGEAR Stream Scanning technology offers higher performance and minimal response time
- The distributed spam analysis system in the cloud does not need synchronization. With a detection rate of more than 99%, it is far superior to the systems of competitors that use technology based on open source
- The STM uses a distributed web analysis system in the cloud to filter URLs with 64 categories
- The STM scans incoming and outgoing traffic from email and web browsing
- The STM incorporates different features: Anti-Malware / Virus, AntiSpam, URL filtering and control application (IM and P2P)
- The STM scans the following protocols:
– email: STMP, POP3, and IMAP
– Web: HTTP, FTP and HTTPS
It is interesting to consider it for your company